Friday, December 9, 2005

The FIRST 'Review For Jake':

Jake suggested on a previous post that perhaps I should make movie reviews a recurring event, so I should like to kick this off with Brokeback Mountain which I caught last night at a midnight screening. (Like I was gonna pass THAT up?!?!? A theater full of gays yearning for love that gets out after the bars close?! SHUT UP! I KNOW! I'm in!)

Anyway, back to the movie:

A. Beautiful to watch.
B. Fell in love with Heath Ledger.
C. Cried, cried and cried again.
D. Horrified that I saw Anne Hathaway's tits.
E. Wished by the 2 hour point that they would just take a Polaroid and drive off a cliff.

Now I'm not saying the movie is a "Nix". I WAS emotionally moved, my heart WAS broken and I finally understood how flannel is sexy.

But I'm also not saying it is a "Picks" either. I get it: they're in the mountains. I get it: they can't ever be together. I get it: they can't ever be together in the mountains. (I'll spare you my Les Miz/Schindler's List length of movie/show joke... feel free to enter your own though please...)

...Maybe this shouldn't be called "Flix Picks or Nix", maybe it should be called: "Why I wish movies were still $5.00!"

No comments:

Post a Comment