Thursday, April 15, 2010

Date Night



I have to tell you, I was PLEASENTLY surprised by this film. Steve Carrell drives me ABSOLUTELY fucking crazy and he didn't bother me...like, not at all. Who knew? Tina Fey of course was great. VERY funny.

The plot of the movie is more or less this: Phil and Claire Foster (Steve Carell and Tina Fey) are a married couple from New Jersey with children whose life has become routine. Included in this routine is their weekly "date night" at a local steakhouse. They learn that their best friends, Brad (Mark Ruffalo, always sexy) and Haley (Kristen Wiig, not really a 'film' actress I think), are getting a divorce, so in an effort to reignite their marriage, Phil takes Claire to a trendy Manhattan restaurant where they can't get a table so Phil decides spice up the evening by taking a reservation from a no-show couple, the Tripplehorns.

Dun,Dun,fun. Comedy ensues.

A bunch of people are in this film: Ray Liotta (wearing WAY too much eyeliner), Mark Wahlberg (sexy as always), James Franco (again, sexy as always), Mila Kunis and Academy Award nominee Taraji P. Henson. Every NOW and then there is crappy 'romantic comedy' dialogue but for the most part it's a comedy with actually really good action.

I recommend it.


Um, I didn't see ONE preview for this film before I went and honestly I just went because it was Tina Fey and despite that it was Steve Carrell, but if YOU want to see the trailer here it is, but I gotta tell you. The trailer makes it look kinda crappy and typical but I didn't think it really was. To me, it was genuinely funny and genuinely exciting:



Oh and stay for a few outtakes during the ending credits. I love me some outtakes and there are a couple of REALLY funny ones...

No comments:

Post a Comment