Friday, April 9, 2010

A tax year in review!




As I was doing my expenses for my taxes this year, I came across all the ticket stubs of the movies I've been to. I'm writing them all off, but some I'd like to write off more than others.







Ponyo-
Loved it. Who knew? Totally interesting and captivated the entire time.



Julie & Julia-
LOVE the 'Julia', HATE the Julie.



District 9-
Yawn. Best Picture, REALLY? At The Razzie's maybe. I get it. It's a movie about the Apartheid. (no matter HOW much you wanna pretend that it's about xenophobia!) Whatever. I'll take a message movie ANYTIME but not when the word Prawn is used...



The Proposal-
I don't know HOW, but it got me. Especially that scene when she's trying to go to sleep. HYSTERICAL! I love me some Betty White, but not when she's stunt cast. Sorry.



The Last Beekeeper-
REALLY interesting and well done. I even went on a weekend trip this year to witness what the film is about.


The Hangover-
Overall: HYSTERICAL! A few things bugged me about it, but who gives a shit. I laughed my ass off.


Observe and Report-
Umm, Seth Rogan is about as funny as Kevin James. (That's not a compliment...)


Angels & Demons-
Tom Hanks bloated and not acknowleding his hairline...or lack thereof...while running through the streets and sewers of Italy using all the dialogue from National Treasure 2 starring Nicolas Cage. No, thanks you. I will say I do have sympathy though, this must have been a REALLY boring film to shoot...because it was REALLY boring to watch.


The Informers-
I totally forgot this movie till I went and read the synopsis. I didn't get it THEN and I don't get it now. Were they vampires or just pasty whores? I think it was OBVIOUS someone was gay but it didn't play out (no pun intended). HERE'S the review I wrote for Jake.



Star Trek-
I didn't hate it. Winona Ryder: meh.



Watchmen-
HATED IT! Oh crap, ONE OF THE WORST FILMS I'VE EVER SEEN! EVER!!!!


2012-
I dug it. Captivating special effects and Amanda Peet was good. (Which I NEVER say...)



X-Men Origins: Wolverine-
I just watched the movie trailer again, and apparently the film is completely forgettable. Don't remember a thing.


I Love You, Man-
One of my favorite 'guy' films EVER! (Jason Segel: CALL ME. I love YOU, man!)


Last House on the Left-
This film was "A" SO VIOLENT. TOO VIOLENT and "B" SO BAD, I couldn't sit through it. I made it up until the part the father makes the son watch as he rapes a girl in the woods that the son brought home after they gang rape the girl's friend after stabbing her in the stomach and letting her bleed out AS they rape her. (Did I mention this was a film aimed at a teenage audience?) Apparently there's an UN-rated version. Ugh. Good luck with that.


Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs-
Totally enjoyable. Who knew?



Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince-
If I had my way, I wouldn't have seen this film OR any of the one(s) to come. It's done. We get it: You fly on brooms and play quidditch and candles float. It's like they're saying: Who needs a story when you got all THAT going on? Right? RIGHT!?!??!

Wrong.


My Bloody Valentine 3D-
Didn't hate it. Even though I will say 3D is supposed to make things come out at you NOT add depth. This was one of the first times I saw the "NEW" 3D. ...and it made me miss Jaws 3 in 3D. Now, THAT was 3D!! GIMME SHARK GUTS SPEWING FROM THE SCREEN! YEAHH!!!!!!


Monsters vs. Aliens-
Not crap, but not great.


Paranormal Activity-
I hated that it was marketed as 'The NEW Blair Witch'. Why would you do that? Didn't you want people to think it was real? Instead you went in ALREADY knowing that it's a fake, so in between all the scary stuff (and there WAS SCARY STUFF! I HAD MY EYES COVERED AT THE END. COULDN'T DEAL.) there was scene after scene of BAD acting. BAD, BAD ACTING. Like, worse than anything on the CW Network. What was the point of that? So all the scary stuff was GREAT, all the scenes between (and there are A LOT of them) are so bad, it's scary.


Bruno-
Walked out. Went to ask for my money back and apparently I had sat through too much of the movie. (yeah, you're telling me!)

Precious-
Mo'Nique was FANTASTIC, Mariah had a moustache, I laughed, cried and was inspired. Lovely flick.




I will say that with all the hits AND misses of 2009... I didn't buy any of them on DVD. To me, that's the REAL sign of a good movie. (And if I'm correct, the last DVD I bought of a 'new release' was The Devil Wears Prada.)

No comments:

Post a Comment